What do I do as a member of uOttawa Team Diabetes?
• You will be a part of a community that shares the same interest in diabetes, and raising awareness for diabetes, as well as supporting the research in finding a cure for diabetes.
How many hours do I need to commit as a member?
• We will have one or two 1-hour mandatory meetings every month.
I want to join and volunteer, but I don’t have time at the moment.
• Don’t worry we will be maintaining a timeline of our events in our calendar page. There will be many events happening this year that will occur at different times of the day and year and there will be many different types of events to cater to different interests and abilities. Sign up here if you are interested in subscribing to our weekly newsletter to stay up to date with our events and updates.
Is there a difference between being a member and a volunteer?
• Yes! Being a member means you are an official member and volunteer of uOttawa Team Diabetes and it comes with exclusive member perks: member welcome package, member pricing for fundraising events, and exclusive invitations and access to member appreciation events and volunteering opportunities.
• You can still sign up separately as a volunteer for our events, but you are not an official member, therefore you will not be able to receive any of the member perks.
• So sign up to be a member – IT’S FREE! PLUS, the first 30 registrants get a free uOttawa Team Diabetes T-Shirt!
Click here to sign up to be an official uOttawa Team Diabetes member.
I just can’t find enough time to add another extracurricular activity to my schedule.
• We completely understand that students have difficultly finding time to commit volunteer hours. We have a weekly newsletter that you can sign up for to keep up to date with uOttawa Team Diabetes volunteering and fundraising events.
I want to contribute, but I cannot participate in the events. Do you have a donation link?
• Thank you for the support! We have a donation page in which you can place your contribution.
What is your fundraising goal this year?
• We are looking to raise over $2000 this year from all of our events + donation link combined.
Please look at Diabetes Canada website for more FAQs